Power supply for 9KW rms amp and the driver board

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello! Good day!

I repairing 9KW rms amp and goes to protect mode after blue light.

I removed the DLM4000 driver boards with DLI4060 proprietary IC but still on protect mode.

On this situation, I may say that driver board is not a problem? I know most of the amps powered on even no driver board/s installed? except there's a problem in the main board.

Also do I have sufficient power for my power supply? my power supply is just 6 Amps and 13.6V.
Without load and input signal, is it enough to power this monster amp?

Thank you very much!

Last edited:
Do you measure any DC voltage before the output relays?
Upon powering up, does your power supply voltage increase slowly?
These amps idle around 8 to 9A.

Yes it raise not less than +-60VDC then protects, I think prior relay click protect turn on. I didn't check the voltage yet. Ok ill do that.

But I removed the driver boards already:-(( Can I make it blue light without driver boards?

Thanks! I will upgrade my power supply! :eek:

It's hard for me to troubleshoot this amp, always I call my babysitter to help me to turn the back side of the board.
My wife starting to jealous...:)

1000A??? a bank of car batteries

thank you so much ultra and kevin!

Last edited:
I suspect you need a much bigger power supply.. The idle current in such an amplifier must be greater than the rated current of your supply.

I just can't imagine 9kW, that would require something like 1000A from the car's electrical system.
DB Drag vehicles have exceeded 100kw. Massive battery banks, multiple alternator's. Rockford made 20 15kw amps. My friend has one.
WoofersEtc.com - T15KW - Rockford Fosgate 4 Ch 15,000 Watt Hybrid SQ/SPL Amplifier
One of the largest amps in the world to date.

I guess there is a bigger amp.
Its from Taramps again, rated for 30Kwrms.
This is a low voltage amp (12V).

Attachments

• 9684809dfbb1.jpg
    9684809dfbb1.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.