old massive amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I got this amp for repair, and it was drawing too much current. There are 4 driver modules and each driver module drives 6 fets, 4 x IRF9640 and two defaced fets.
Does anyone knows what fets are those?

Its a D 400X model.

Attachments

• IMGP6499.jpg
    IMGP6499.jpg
    350.6 KB · Views: 158
  • IMGP6502.jpg
    IMGP6502.jpg
    267 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:
Seems it shouldn't have 4 p channel and 2 n channel. Should be 3 and 3. Someone scratching out part numbers is a sign of some seriously shady work. Generally the use of irfp9640 would be paired with irfp640. But then again from the looks of the pc board all the drains appear to be connected together, indicating they are all the same. Either way it looks like its not gonna be fun, good luck.

Last edited:
i have seen some class D amps with 3 P channel mosfets and 2 N channel looks like yours have 4 P and maybe 2 N channel, but only need to measure Voltage @ source pin #3 if it is a classic class D build Korean design should be Vcc+- at IRF9640 and Vcc- at mystery ones presuming those are IRF640 N channel mosfets. source pin #2 should be output rail with their appropriate resistors.

I confirm the amp works fine, even without one bank of fets.
I also confirm there are hi and low side pulses on each bank.
All i need to do now is to find the part number of the N fets, or else i have to replace them in all 4 banks (say with IRF640), that is 8 fets in total.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.