JL Audio 500/1 component help - Page 4 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Car Audio

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 3rd February 2014, 08:07 AM   #31
86boy is offline 86boy  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanious2011 View Post
I'll see if I can check one of mine tonight. Have you check the amps current @idle?
No I have not, and long story short the amp meter on my multimeter doesn't work thanks to a friend who borrowed it. Need to get an amp meter. Haven't fixed/touched/built anything in like 5 years so obviously haven't had to use it. I do know it ran on a 5A fuse for 10 minutes without a problem earlier when I got those voltages.
Old 4th February 2014, 03:41 PM   #32
diyAudio Member

Well I ended up putting the outputs in to just try it. I have 4 spares so figured why not. Kept the 5A fuse in it, and powered it up. Everything appeared to be good. Let it idle for ~5 minutes and turned it off.

Hooked up a speaker, and a signal input still with the the 5 A fuse in place. Barely turned it on, and I had sound! so I let that go for another 10 minutes playing, and then upped the fuse to a 10 A. Let it play with a little more power, let it sit and play for about 30-45 minutes. Figured that was good to go.

Put it in my car last night, and let it rip. Holding together quite nicely, and pushing an Eclipse Ti 15" sub pretty well... supposed to be 750w RMS, and I"m pretty sure that 500/1 is pushing it's limits.

Thanks for the help, and I'm going to say it's safe to say those are the output voltages on the outputs. At least with no outputs in the board. that was ground and tested each hole in the board.
Old 4th February 2014, 04:32 PM   #33
diyAudio Member

Sorry for not getting back with those numbers, been busy. Am glad you got it working and hope you learn that patience is key when doing repairs...if you get frustrated then just take a break.
Old 4th February 2014, 05:29 PM   #34
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanious2011 View Post
Sorry for not getting back with those numbers, been busy. Am glad you got it working and hope you learn that patience is key when doing repairs...if you get frustrated then just take a break.
Yeah it was one of those moments where I thought I could jump back in the deep end... which I should have found a crap board and practiced a little before hand. In a few weeks imma try to fix a different amplifier. So ill see what I can do. Thanks for the tips and help.

Hide this!Advertise here!