Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

System Pictures & Description
System Pictures & Description
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 26th March 2017, 11:21 PM   #11
reloader650 is offline reloader650  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukecv View Post
I used to have a Precision Power Pro flat piston 12". That thing was sweet.
I always wanted a pair of the 12"s. In fact I'm still kicking myself because last year a pair of them came up for sale in the local classifieds. They sold before I could get them. I had 3 of the 10"s, but sold two and kept the one. Still lovin it.

Regards,
Matt
Old 26th March 2017, 11:57 PM   #12
reloader650 is offline reloader650  United States
diyAudio Member

Had a little time to kill today, so I decided to work on the sub box for my Dodge truck. Last year I finished the box, but didn't have time to install it. Too many projects not enough time. I started the box by making a template of the opening of the storage well. Then laid one layer of fiberglass to get a mold of the well. Pulled the mold out of the truck to lay 4 more layers of mat. Then I attached the top with epoxy and screws. I finished the box with a spray on truck bed liner, the finish seems to hold up well. For safety I wanted the box bolted down, so I fabricated brackets that use the factory bolt locations to hold it in place. The subwoofer is a fi audio Q series 10" with all the options. That's all I have for today. More to come, hopefully sooner than later.

Regards,
Matt
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1205.jpg (748.1 KB, 125 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1204.jpg (952.3 KB, 120 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1202.jpg (788.0 KB, 112 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1203.jpg (825.4 KB, 107 views)
Old 5th January 2018, 01:02 PM   #13
ResonateEngineering is offline ResonateEngineering
diyAudio Member

Here is my work in my work in progress.....delayed from winter and car accident.

Bought everything new at once for the install and only got half way through and smashed the car. Now I have boxes of audio goodness just waiting to be installed.

Optima battery up front, I used 4 runs of 4ga pure copper wiring for main power run to a central distribution, from there are it turns into 2 runs of knukonceptz 0ga back to another fused distribution then 0ga to both amps. I used all Stinger premium hardware, distribution, grounds, wire reducers etc. The grounds are compromised of 4 runs of knuconceptz 4ga to distribution then 2 runs of 0ga to amps. Added additional grounds at front battery and did big 3 up grade with copper wire. Have a nice shiny 250amp alternator ready to go.

New alpine head unit mounted. Decided to finally invest in decent rca cables so I picked up sky high car audio premium cables in a 4 channel and 2 channel braid.

For sound I have RE Audio 6.5 components in doors, dynomat in doors, foam baffle for sub.

In the backseat there are 2 coaxial 6.5 drivers and 2 RE Audio 2.5 high energy tweets.

In the trunk I built and carpeted the enclosure but will soon be redoing it.

2 RE Audio sx 10s (the good ones from pre sellout) should take a clean 2k each!

1 RE Audio 65kv.1 monoblock pushing subs.

1 RE Audio 4250 for the mids and highs.

Still have alot to do so stay tuned, I am dying to hear this in action. Looking for a sql result as I feel I have conquered the spl with my last build....

System Pictures & DescriptionHide this!Advertise here!