Cossfire VR2000D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Anyone know what driver IC's theese are??

The amp is stuck in protection mode I removed theese audio driverboards and amp powers up perfectly..

As you can see in the pics there is corrison on 1 of the driver IC's and i wanna replace both of them..

Wondering are they IR2010 or IR2110 or does anyone know what IC's theese are??

Also wondering if anyone knows is there anything else that commonly ails on theese driverboards??

The amp has IRF640 and 9640's for the outputs all of them test fine

Attachments

• Driverboard.JPG
    Driverboard.JPG
    482.1 KB · Views: 198
Anyone have a good part number for theese didoes (orange with blue stripe) all 4 of them are shorted on 1 of the driverboards..

Also the smaller didoe (orange black stripe) measures 0.014 in diode check

Any the small smd diodes appear to have overheated..

they are marked Z6 and Z13

So wondering if anyone has good part number for all 4 of theese didoes

Attachments

• Driverboard.JPG
    Driverboard.JPG
    482.8 KB · Views: 179
The Zener voltage may be as simple as 6v for Z6 and 13v for Z13.

For the others, you may have to find a board with good diodes and connect them to a currrent limited variable power supply to see where they break down (electrically).

In a similar driver board from a Memphis amp, the larger diodes were 1N4737 and 1N4740. The 4737 in each pair was farthest away from the header.

Anyone know how to disable the protection in this amp??

I rebuilt both driverboards and replaced some SMD transistors on the main board amp still protects if i remove the 9640's from one side of the board the amp will power up ..

Everything is testing fine though..

So just wondering if someone know how to disable the protection in this so i can find the fault

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.