Need fast advice with subwoofer! - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Car Audio

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 4th January 2014, 10:26 PM   #21
mika111 is offline mika111  Finland
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikila View Post
Well u are right, but i rather buy expensive top quality home stereo than cars, maybe u cant understand this or maybe u have too much money to spend and to be able install stereo system at home, car, wc and so on. Just i see it different way and i see no point putting system for for over 1k dollars which is more than my car cost...
Anyway if i win a lottery i gonna buy a plane ticket for u and we will buy top quality stereo system and install it

I didnīt understand your point..those Tangbands cost like 100-120$ here, do they really cost over 1k in Norway?
Yes..put a lottery and hope you win, it would a whole lot easier help you out if you were closer

How about 2pcs Tangband W8-740 itīs ~30$ cheaper/piece

Last edited by mika111; 4th January 2014 at 10:38 PM.
Old 7th January 2014, 04:27 AM   #22
MBQuart is offline MBQuart  United States
diyAudio Member

Nikila, did you get the shop to make a purchase? You mentioned that this is your first car stereo installation, and in that case I recommend you jump right in with whatever you can get for a good price. Between all of the choices you have listed, I think there are THREE things that will affect your subwoofer's performance MORE than the brand or model or specifications.
1. Build/buy a strong box for your sub.
1. Get it installed securely, with good and safe wiring for your amplifier.
2. Set up your amplifier correctly to match your head unit and other speakers.

Those are the 3 things I wish I would have learned about when I installed my first car stereo. It doesn't sound like as much fun as the actual subwoofer and amplifier, but it's just as important.
Have fun!!!
Old 4th February 2014, 06:59 AM   #23
Nikila is offline Nikila  Norway
diyAudio Member

Hello, sorry i havent replied earlier. I bought this TS-W310D4. And also last week finished building my 36 l sealed box. Im happy about this box we made, it looks very good. Sounds same loud as opened box i had before but with much better quality of sound. So i know what type of box is my favorite now. I have changed all wires for rockford.
I have did 2. too, i tuned my amp as good as i could. Amp gives 25V to 2ohm subwoofer.

Hide this!Advertise here!