Hifonics elite brz2500.1d

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
When I got the amp the protect light was on. Pulled the driver card and it turned on no problem. Reinstalled the board after replacing the transistors and protect light stood off after the relay clicked on then it went back into protect. I replaced the transistors on the driver board again and the power and protect light would switch on and off... I pulled the output fets and now the amp is on.

Without fets installed can I check if the output drivers are working correctly?

Also noticed one of the inductor coils s burnt some of its coating off near the end of its windings. Is the amp still usable like this?

It appears that the terminal winding has shorted to the rest of the windings. It cannot be used as-is but may be salvageable. If you unwrap the last turn and insulate it back to the point where the windings are the original color, it will probably work. Be aware that whatever you use will have to be thin or you will have to extend the winding.

This could be why it's going into protect. This also could have caused the output filter caps (C203/204?) to fail.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.