Logitech x540 subwoofer in car

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have the logitech x540 system, today i fitted the sub into my car with an inverter so as i could plug it into the 12v socket. The sub produced good bass and as it is only small i have loads of room left in the boot. I am wondering if there is a way i can permanently fit the sub into my car? i dont really want to have it plugged into an inverter. I am wondering if i can remove the amplifier inside and use an amplifier purchased on the internet to run the speaker. I believe the sub speaker is 40w rms so ill need an amp capable of running this. Alternatively if the transformer within the sub converts the voltage to 12v dc could i just wire it directly to my car battery?

Another thought it replacing the sub and amp and keeping the box. I dont want to spend alot of money here.

Cheers

If it does convert it to 12v and will run from a 12v supply, you will probably have to use a ground loop isolator in the RCA line to prevent ground loop noise.

What is the resistance measured directly across the speaker with the speaker disconnected from the amplifier.

If you post good quality photos of the amplifier used in the sub, that may help.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.