50N06 replacement with IRF1010??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
That is what I had in mind also, but don´t the larger Imput capasitance and Gate Charge on the 1010 cause harm anyway? What I mean is that should the drive for FETs modify also....maybe place mosfet driver IC (MIC4416YM4 TR for example) in place of the power fet driver transistors?

You assumed quite right :) Reason why I didn´t share specific info about amp is because there is no broken amp with 50N06 FETs inside now. I´ve only been wondering that because I have maybe 100 pieces of that IRF1010 so I would save a long penny if they would fit somewhere.
Most of the korean amps wich are sold here in Finland are Autostudio, SPL Dynamics and Focus and they all burn with low input voltages or low load on SPL competitions..and all of these amps (below ~3kW) use that 50N06 as a power FET.
But the principles of their desing is as you said..PNP..494 etc.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.