Linear Power 652 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Car Audio

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 22nd November 2013, 08:15 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Linear Power 652

I have a Linear Power 652 series amp. I powered the amp up and it has no output. I have checked the powersupply fets and they checkout fine. The audio outputs check out fine too. I believe the are TIP45 and 41. I power amp on and there is a relay that clicks near the audio outputs after about 3-4 seconds. there is voltage on the powersupply fets but no voltage on the outputs transistors. I also checked for continuity on the thermal swithch. any ideas? or maybe a schematic?
Old 22nd November 2013, 10:31 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Did you measure the DC voltage across the positive and negative terminals of the rectifier?
Old 24th November 2013, 10:52 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Perry,
There is no voltage present on the rectifiers. After 5 seconds the relay will click. Is the relay on these amp a turn delay or is it for amp protect?
Old 24th November 2013, 03:53 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

In some amplifiers, the primary and secondary grounds are 100% isolated. I think this amp may be one of those amps. If it is and you place the black probe on the main ground, you will read 0v on all secondary points. You have to measure directly across the rectifier terminals or place the black probe on the secondary ground to measure the DC voltage on the secondary side of the supply.

The relay switches on after a delay. I don't think (not 100% sure) it's operation is affected by any protection circuit.
Old 24th November 2013, 04:52 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Perry do you still have those documents I gave you regarding LP's? The relay is just there for "turn on/off" thump. If you can hear it engaging you know it's circuit is working properly, but its not there for protection (well I sure hope its there also for protection against DC).

If you can't find the files Perry, pm me and I'll send them to you again.
Old 24th November 2013, 05:59 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Jeanious2011:
email me (don't email the files).

babin_perry@yahoo.com
Old 25th November 2013, 12:17 AM   #7
Gioba is offline Gioba  Italy
diyAudio Member

Is it 652IQ?

LP 652 need switch to bridged mode, and not have relay.
LP 652i is "inverted", not need switch for bridge and not have relay.
LP 652IQ is "inverted" (for bridge) and more "quiet circuit", with relay for bump.

Hope to write all right.
Old 25th November 2013, 05:59 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

The model is a 625IQ and when i place the probes across the terminals of the rectifier it shows no voltage. there is no voltage across the vcc and -vcc of the op-amp either.
Old 3rd December 2013, 07:47 PM   #9
Gioba is offline Gioba  Italy
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockfordFIx View Post
The model is a 625IQ and when i place the probes across the terminals of the rectifier it shows no voltage. there is no voltage across the vcc and -vcc of the op-amp either.
If not find voltage in the rectifier's terminals (must be +/-17,90v more less), must come back at power supply elements.
Can try if switching IC (SG3526N) receives remote voltage, maybe relay is in the same line-in.
Must to check power supply's semiconductors and their drivers IC.

Hide this!Advertise here!