Dual alpine 12" S-type Install

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
:D Okay I know this is asking a lot, but I am extremely new to car audio, and im desperate for reliable information.

Heres what I need to know......
The box that I designed is 17 inches tall, 13 inches deep, and 43 inches long. Are those dimensions going to work out fine?
Im using a 580 watt amp. I know how to run the power cord to the amp, but i am not sure how i am going to get speaker wire to my head unit.
I have a 2002 Toyota Seqouia with a stock stero. How do I find out if my current head unit has a Pre-amp out put. If it does not have a Pre-amp out, then what are my other options:mischiev::mischiev:.
Thanks for everyones help in advance.

(sorry if my jargon doesnt sound right)

I am also trying to decide whether or not i should port my box. If i decide to do so, how should i calculate the dimesions of my port.
This depends on your musical preferences. In short, Ported can play low frequencies with higher output but loose precision. Sealed can play mid and higher bass frequencies and are much more accurate in reproducing the original beats but with less output.

A good site to get some reading on:
Basic Car Audio Electronics

Car Audio Subwoofer Enclosures

http://support.alpine-usa.com/products/documents/OM_SWS-101215_D4_2.pdf

Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.