Alpine MRP_M450

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
You could bypass the protection circuit and force it up but if there is a problem in the output stage, it could cause more serious problems.

In the M350, Q664 is the power switch. I don't know if the M450 has the same circuit board designation for the transistor in this part of the circuit. Solder a bridge between its collector and emitter if it's the same in the M450.

Could you be a bit more elaborate about these "more serious problems?"

There are 2 components near the outputs labeled L306 and L406. They are cylindrical, I have not seen anything like them. One appears slightly damaged. What could they be?

I don't believe this board has a Q664, what IC is it associated with?

This amp was destroyed by a very strong feedback into the outputs, if that helps at all.

L306 and L406 are inductors.

With the protection circuit disabled, if there is a problem that's causing excessive current flow through the outputs, it could cause the outputs to fail which could cause components further back in the circuit to fail.

You have the diagram for the M350. That's all I know about the circuit. Look at the M350 diagram to try to determine what's equivalent in your amp.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.