Kenwood kac-5201

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello Everyone,

I would appreciate if some one helps me in fixing my car amplifier KAC-5201.
While playing it on high volume the amp hot burned, i have changed the power supply fets and the resistor (R91-94), i have attached the schematic .
on powering on it, it still remains in protection mode, i have checked the voltages on IC1,2,3,4 all the readings are correct as per the schematic except in IC 4 at pin 7 I am getting 5volts when the voltage is suppose to be 1.2 volt, can some one advice me which parts should i check to identify the problem.

Last edited:
Thanks Perry i will try that out but why is it not coming out of protect, the led light is still red, isn't IT suppose to be green if all is fine. All the testing i have done is with out giving any input signal and without connecting the speaker.

I haven't yet fasten the output to the heat sink, i guess its fine for testing purpose as long they dont get very hot, kindly advice....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.