Sub for 55N06

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Nick,
Original part should be STP60NE06 with 22.1 ohm gate resistors.Perhaps they have been replaced before or PG did a version change and subbed the part due to availability.
I would use the 70N06 devices myself if you have them. closest IRFZ would be IRFZ46 with IRFZ48 being even better. The totem pole drivers can handle it but the gate resistor might need adjustment if you see any problems with idle current draw once the amp is completely repaired....hope this helps some..;)

Hey C.

They look to be the originals but I can see that someone has worked on this amp before but not in the power supply.

The gate resistors look to be 31.1R 1% so am I better off sticking with these or swapping them for a 22.1R?

You, Perry and all the other guys are always helpful.
AHsJFJhC1JVdTiwNFHjIzQRYghQooATggIBTTTRlyNVL0Z4COQLoGuCnQgAduFxBEWgoDaMibGzFWSPmU4csj+wM1PKj1okIIUjp6WEESB+BGGKhQHUrj5U6CaosGTVmjgxZfDhtogIpxgAJAgBgmZTpC5kNAxkcmaIq1B1PgSotWCgQzyIagHx4afCnFZqFdF5IKWCKgGENQxAxKdGi1yBCpWrMCCDCAC0TAdrsuGRDyAcYFIJ0QSDAAIIEiQBEYpWEh5JXTySZAQBmxYADD8KQaOQCTi8cXFZ5cGRBDYRUZd6AuiFnIIhOW1QQucCBFxJMLM7QFTgiioNZheYuAgwIADs=

Thanks

My document is version correct, so if they are original then PG changed the gate resistor to 31.1 when they changed the fet to whats in there now. Give the 70N06's a shot and see if the gate drive is clean, and idle current draw is stable and expected. You should be fine I'm thinking. PG used 70N06's in a bunch of there TI gear with 33 ohm gate resistors and similar drive setup so I think your going to be good to go....
I'm worried as to why the fets blew in the first place. Are you sure the channels are good? Also look around the big caps and near the fuse holders to see if there is a blown trace under one of those caps or near the fuse holder < this is common with this sort of failure >. Also check the outputs just to be safe as I have rarely seen these fail a supply without the outputs being toast also....Have a good one Nick...:)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.