What is the crossover point of the MB Quart RXE-216 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Car Audio

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 22nd October 2013, 10:21 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default What is the crossover point of the MB Quart RXE-216

I don't know if this is a guarded secret but I cannot find any info on the actual crossover frequency of the older MB Quart component crossovers. I'm looking for replacement tweeters and need to know what the crossovers will work with. If anyone has this info it would help out a ton. Thanks.
Old 22nd October 2013, 11:05 PM   #2
Randy62 is offline Randy62  United States
diyAudio Member

I would compare the caps and coils in the crossover to a crossover calculator.You might not be able to get it exact but should be able to come pretty close.Then choose a tweeter with an fs thats at least one octave lower then the crossover frequency.
So if it looks like the crossover frequency in the network looks to be around 4khz find a tweeter with an fs of 2khz or lower.
Old 26th October 2013, 03:49 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Thanks Randy. I'm not that into the 'tech' side to be familiar with crossover calculators, caps and coils and such but it seems as though I may have to unwillingly venture into that realm.
Old 27th October 2013, 12:42 AM   #4
Randy62 is offline Randy62  United States
diyAudio Member

I found it.
4.2khz.
The JBL P26T is would work very well.Is there any that you've been considering?
Old 27th October 2013, 05:41 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

Thanks Randy that helps tremendously. I've heard these tweets before and liked them. Someone asked me what I would recommend to replace older MB Quart tweeters that they'd blown. I suggested these because they would be my choice based on how they sounded. I'd hate to pass on a suggestion that wouldn't work because of the crossover point and lead to another set of blown tweeters. I use the same MB Quarts and this info will be saved in case I need it to select a replacement set for myself. Thanks a lot. Here are the tweeters I suggested. Ads A D s PX Concept 2 Tweeters Best 335IS 335PX Orion 98 1 Silver Anodize | eBay

Hide this!Advertise here!