What is the crossover point of the MB Quart RXE-216

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I don't know if this is a guarded secret but I cannot find any info on the actual crossover frequency of the older MB Quart component crossovers. I'm looking for replacement tweeters and need to know what the crossovers will work with. If anyone has this info it would help out a ton. Thanks.

I would compare the caps and coils in the crossover to a crossover calculator.You might not be able to get it exact but should be able to come pretty close.Then choose a tweeter with an fs thats at least one octave lower then the crossover frequency.
So if it looks like the crossover frequency in the network looks to be around 4khz find a tweeter with an fs of 2khz or lower.

Thanks Randy that helps tremendously. I've heard these tweets before and liked them. Someone asked me what I would recommend to replace older MB Quart tweeters that they'd blown. I suggested these because they would be my choice based on how they sounded. I'd hate to pass on a suggestion that wouldn't work because of the crossover point and lead to another set of blown tweeters. I use the same MB Quarts and this info will be saved in case I need it to select a replacement set for myself. Thanks a lot. Here are the tweeters I suggested. Ads A D s PX Concept 2 Tweeters Best 335IS 335PX Orion 98 1 Silver Anodize | eBay

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.