Audioque amp problems

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have an Audioque 2200.1D V2 amp. It powers on and has the green light with no excessive current draw at all. When I apply RCA's from my tone generator and turn it on and output a signal into the amplifier (with no speakers connected) it will have not only the AC voltage on the speaker terminals, but also have DC voltage. If I turn up the RCA signal and make the amp output around a few volts DC it will go into DC offset protection. If I leave the input signal down and the output on the terminals at around 1Vdc or so it will stay powered on. If I connect a speaker it will hum until you turn it up and it protects. It outputs DC and AC voltage so I'm still getting the audio signal through. All output FET's seem good with no shorts. Any help would be great!

20130829_163218.jpg

Also, what else should I check or look for? The power supply is perfect and I believe it's on the audio side. I did test the voltage regulators and the 15V regulators are fine but one of the 12V regulators is reading normal and the other has around rail voltage on two of the legs somehow.

I decided to take the board out to do further testing and as I was sliding it out of the case I noticed that all four rectifier diodes on the board (FMU32U) had broken legs in the same spot. I'm not 100% sure if this happened when I was sliding the board somehow, or if it was previous. They made a clean break and when I slid the board back over them they were actually making contact barely. Anyways, now that the board is out and I put the diodes back in place I cannot replicate the issue with this amp. It outputs a clean AC signal and no DC now. Could the diodes have caused the amp to still be able to turn on and output an AC signal but also pass DC if one leg wasn't connected or something?

Should I put the amp back in the case and install all of the heatsink clamps again and test it. If it works fine should I consider the amp "fixed"?

The broken legs were likely making an intermittent connection. If one rail was intermittently supplying voltage to the amp, that could have caused the problem.

You should check the legs of the other components to see if any are weak. If so, you may need to make some sort of support to keep the legs from breaking again.

When you get it back into the sink and everything clamped down, push on the various components and on the board to see if there are any other intermittent problems.

As a side note, The first thing you do when working on any electronic component is to confirm that all power supply voltages are present and as they should be.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.