car stereo

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi everybody,

im actually looking about a good car sound system to buy. i got a civic 2002. my speaker size is 6.5" at the front and the rear.I just bought a pioneer DEH-X6500BT.

I would like to know, wich speakers should i buy to get big bass and the more chest compression as possible.

can you help me reaching my goal ?:)

Is on m'y car so i was just thinking about remplacing the old speakers without an enclosure. Also i CAN plug up to 3 amplifiers with my pioneer stereo. My budget is low, so if you CAN find speakers that make chest compression. And later i Will add an amplifier on them.

Is that possible?

Thanks

I don't know of any but that doesn't mean that there aren't any. I know that they make 8" woofers that will produce significant bass but they're generally expensive and need significant power to drive them hard.

To get strong bass, it's likely that you're going to need an enclosure.

Maybe someone else will have some suggestions.

I bought a cheap subwoofer off of amazon and built the enclosure myself for roughly $30. It's not like anything I used years ago but I am generally surprised at the cost/sound factor.

If your budget is a big concern you could go the route that I did.

Amazon.com: Legacy LWF10X 10'' 400 Watt Legacy ''L'' Series Woofer (Set of 1): Car Electronics

3/4 in.x 2 ft. x 4 ft. Medium Density Fiberboard Handy Panel-1508112 at The Home Depot

You will need access to a table saw if you want to build the box. I used a circular saw that I have but using one will make the job a bit tougher.

I have a 2005 civic myself. I haven't installed a sub in it but may try what I have someday when I get bored.

It may be difficult get a definitive answer because this is subjective. 'chest compression' for some may mean enough pressure to make it difficult to breathe. If that's what you want, it's not possible with speakers mounted in the door. If you simply want to feel a slight thumping, that may be possible but it would likely require expensive speakers and an amplifier. Even then, the bass produced would likely be midbass, not sub bass.

It may be difficult get a definitive answer because this is subjective. 'chest compression' for some may mean enough pressure to make it difficult to breathe. If that's what you want, it's not possible with speakers mounted in the door. If you simply want to feel a slight thumping, that may be possible but it would likely require expensive speakers and an amplifier. Even then, the bass produced would likely be midbass, not sub bass.[/QUO

what kind of expensive ? and could you share me brands or links?, is there midbass speakers that are hitting lower frequencies like sub ?

Small speakers don't reproduce low frequencies efficiently.

I don't buy or experiment with speakers much now so I don't have suggestions. The speakers that would be required would likely be expensive because they would have to have a very strong motor and strong cone. They would likely also require a relatively powerful amplifier.

Again, it's subjective. Cost would depend on what you want. I think you need to go listen to demo systems at the local car stereo dealers to get an idea of what it would cost you to get what you want.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.