Punch 200a4

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Need some more advise on my Punch 200a4.
Ok, with a dvm hooked up in series with amp and set for dc amps, I can hook up power to amp. When I put pos. 12v to Rem. amp will start drawing current, first about 2.5a then up to 8amps. Before I would drop power as soon as I saw the 8amps on the meter. This time I let it go for a few more seconds and it started oscilating from 2.5amps to about 9 amps every half a second or so. Let this go on for only 4 or 5 seconds to keep from burning something up. Noticed that Q6 and Q8 were very warm. Tried it again with bias pots fully ccw and agian with bias pots fully cw, same results lots of heat on Q6 and Q8.
Any advise?

Voltage readings on power supply FRTs.
Q5-3.59
Q7-3.67
Q6-4.71
Q7-4.71
And for Q3, I got .6 reading on dvm using diode check with positive on middle lead and negative on leg 1(left side, transistor right side up)
Man, first time I have ever had to pull that small of a component and check it, it would be easier puttin socks on a rooster than that!

If you apply enough solder to allow the soldering iron tip to heat two legs at once. When the solder is molten, gently lift the transistor. It takes about 3-5 seconds. See attached.

With the black probe on leg 1, you should read 0.6 (approximately) to the other two legs.

Attachments

• ttIMG_4386b.jpg
    ttIMG_4386b.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 59
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.