need help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone..I'm new to the sight. Hope I am posting in right area. My grandaughter has a 2002 Chevy Impala 3.8 with a Delphi Delco stereo part #10324040. She let someone attempt to install a CD player in car and that didnt work. We want to reinstall the Delco back into the car. Problem is the guy cut wires at back of radio leaving 1/4" of wire! It has 2 plug-ins on back of it. One 24-pin and one 12-pin. We bought new wiring harness for it part#71-2003-1. The original plug-in used 16 wires on 24-pin and 2 wires on 12-pin. The new ones have 24 wires and 8 wires. What I am confused about is that the new one doesn't exactly match the old one. Colored wires don't come out of plug-in at same locations as original. Maybe I just need a wiring diagram for original hookup..Hope someone can help me with this dilemma..Thanks in advance!

Hi, yea the plugs fit the head unit. And I know it only uses 18 wires total..the large plug has 24 wires and the smaller one has 8. I need to use 16 on large side and 2 on small side. I can match some of them up by matching colors and going by a diagram sent with the plugs. Also looked up a Gm diagram for color codes. But I still have several wires I'm not sure about..no colors match. I wish I had a pin-out color coded diagram of the original plugs. I know I could do it then. But have had no luck on finding that yet. But thanks a lot for your help and for your time. :)

realistically, unless you connect the wrong wires together, NOT connecting a wire should not cause a problem. you may fluke it and it works without them. or they may be for something like a from wire that dims the lights or activities lights when the head lights are on, or some other feature that doesn't have to be there. can't hurt to try.

You need both the batt and the ignition wires connected to the radio properly. There should also be an illumination voltage wire.

Follow the color codes to the letter, not the color, for the car and radio. I found that I had to dig a bit on the internets to get the EXACT colors for my specific model. Definitely do not just match colors without doing so from a chart made from the respective harness info.
Any wires that are unneeded get taped at the ends.
Mike

Yellow is 12v keyed
Orange in 12v battery
DK grey is the dimmer
LT Blue right rear speaker -
DR Blue right rear speaker +
Yellow left rear speker -
Brown left rear speaker +
Lt Green right front speaker +
Dk Green right front speaker -
Tan left front speaker +
Lt grey left front speaker -
Pink power antenna
Blk ground

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.