MTX Thunder 5601

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I called MTX and they gave me the value of the cap.. 10mf 25v

Perry,

Ive replaced the following components

Q108,Q109,Q111,R122,R123,R320,R318,R301 and the 10mf 25v cap that sit behind the RCA jacks by the rectifier circuit also replaced the IRF540 and the MUR1620R..

Ive replaced Q106,Q107,Q110,D104,C118 and the IRF540 on the other side by the Rectifier circuit..

Ive replaced D102,C141,R260 and 1 A06 so far in th power supply section..

R406 is defective and i need to check more components in that general area to see if any are defective..

Should i change the TL072 that sits behind the RCA jacks ??

Do you know of anything else i should check before powering this amp up??

Also is this common or do you have an idea why this amp blew so many components ??

I wouldn't replace the TL072 without a reason.

The failure of the voltage regulators can cause extensive damage. There is likely damage on the preamp board as well.

When you power it up, make sure all components are clamped. Do not connect the preamp board until you know that the regulators are OK.

With the scope set to 5v/div, place your scope probe on the regulator output leg and power the amp up. If the voltage viewed on the scope goes off of the display, immediately shut down the amp to prevent further damage. Do for both the positive and negative regulators.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.