SoundStream D100II

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
If there is audio on the output transistors, confirm that that audio is reaching the relay. If it is and the relay has continuity, you should have audio on the positive speaker terminal. If you have audio on the positive speaker terminal, either the speaker/wiring is open or you have a bad ground for the negative speaker terminal.

You can probably find a 1N914 or 1N4148 diode at the local radio shack if you're in the US.

If I hook speakers up to it, I can hear the audio, but it is very low. If I increase the level of the input it reaches a point where like someone flipped a switch, and it starts working as I would expect it to (but, it sounds distorted- possibly because the input is so loud).

Still thinking something in the feedback loop, and open to suggestions!

Thanks.

I do not have a signal generator. I have been using a CD player for input.. However, I can see the gain dramatically increase at a specific point as the input increases. There is a specific point where I can adjust the volume on the pre-amp such that the audio flips back and forth between high and low, like a binary switch as the level of the audio changes (drum hits, etc..)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.