Kicker EX2000

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Pics of driver board and main board

Ok I took some pics I also noticed the board was dated 6/23/2010. but the amp is described 2012. It looks like a typical Class D power supply. Useing a TL494.

Attachments

• IMAG0163.jpg
    IMAG0163.jpg
    847.7 KB · Views: 131
  • IMAG0164.jpg
    IMAG0164.jpg
    691.7 KB · Views: 109
  • IMAG0165.jpg
    IMAG0165.jpg
    587.3 KB · Views: 107
  • IMAG0166.jpg
    IMAG0166.jpg
    983.5 KB · Views: 106
Well no luck with Rockford they stopped repairing the Lightning products, so Im back to rebuilding this or a new driver board.
Anyone know the value or the gate resistor of a IRFP064N? The one on the board are pretty brown, and when I measure them off the board the read anywhere from 11-18 ohms.

Last edited:
Your gonna need a parts amp.

You mentioned you already contacted kicker? they had sold me parts in the past. If they dont carry this PCB then your SOL unless you find a donor, or someone that had already parted one out.

But then, there is reverse engineering and making your own PCB.

Well what I would do, is see if you can get more detailed photo shots of that driver board. Then you can clone it, and make a new one. I had to do this only 1 time ever. it was a maxxsonics based amp, I had to make a whole new driver as the old one was dipped in epoxy.

Now I got an orion that is "braindead" persay, as the PIC chip that runs the protection, and automatic gains, etc.. is dead. So i have to come up with a hack to make that work again.

Still waiting for Rockford to see if they have a schematic of the amp, the guy is kind of elusive

When I finish with the ZX750 and KX2500 ill get back on the ball with this one I have another EX2000 on ebay so im hoping the insides are in better condition.

Anyone know where to get the board making materials?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.