Diamond Audio D401 fault

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a Diamond Audio D7401 Mono amp that goes into protection mode with only power/ground/remote applied. I understand the problem is most likely a blown fet in the output stage. I have done allot of reading about repairing (Amplifier Repair Tutorial from Perry Babin) but just can't get past a mental block. I am fairly knowledgeable about electronics and could really use some help in defining the specific FETs I should be testing. I DO have the schematic for this amp to help see attached. I beleive the FETs I need to focus on are Q59 -Q65 and/or Q9 - Q15. I truly appreciate any help that can be provided.

Attachments

• Diamond-D7401 pwramp.pdf
    84.1 KB · Views: 65
Be careful those devices are in parallel and they will all try to read the same values, and that might confuse you even more. May I suggest that you take a soldering iron and lift the center lead of each device and test from that lifted lead to either side, on each and every device. < only on the groups that read very low ohms across each other, like shorted condition > This will lift that lead out of circuit and give you a chance to read each transistor independently of the array...;)

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.