New audio system being installed today

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
New member, just got back from the shop. Driving a 2013 Mustang which needed some serious improvement in the audio department.

Installed a pair of Audison Voce AV K6 components in the front with custom black PVC mounts and the tweeters in the doors (didnt want them in the A-pillar). Running dedicated 12 gauge speaker wires from the rear amp through the doors, not using factory speaker wires. Plenty of Dynamat on the doors and in the trunk area.

Head unit is a Kenwood KDC-X997 receiver. Running a Hertz HDP4 Amplifier for the components and sub. The rear channels of the HDP4 are bridged into an Image Dynamics IDQv2 12" sub, getting 500W @ 4ohms (specs on the HDP4 are 150x2 @ 4ohms + 500Wx1 @ 4ohms in a 3 channel format).

Scosche surround for the factory bezel in the 13' GT is required so I picked that up too. Sounds pretty darn good so far.

Nice setup! I just had an all JL setup installed (did some myself) I also had all new 12 gauge wire 4 gauge power new RCA's I almost got the IDMAX but went with JL w7 since I already had all JL.. quick question, how are you running your speakers and sub from one amp? That amp is a 4 channel amp Im guessing you have atleast 4 speakers plus tweets in that mustang, did you bridge the power from all the channels to the sub and run the speakers off the headunit?

I have front component sets and a subwoofer, no rear speakers, which is ideal in my opinion for SQ. The A channels on the amp power the components via the passive crossovers, which then split power to the tweets and midbass. This gives around 150 watts to each component set. The B channels are bridged into mono for the single subwoofer at 500 watts, 4 ohms.

I had the components sets wired off of dedicated 12 gauge wiring, not the OEM wires. The aftermarket head unit does not power anything, just using it for signal.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.