amp repair help needed

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
okay so now if i use thes mosfet IRF3205 i would need to consider the driver thats pushing it not to mention the gate resistors and so forth if i use the mosfet would i need to change these gate resistors eather way i would like to change it anyways cause of age so im going to do a complete up grade of this amp

okay ! i am very sorry. For my grammar and how its set on here.Im using my phone, because it can take better pictures.

I repaired this amp back in 2013. its done a great job for me. I'm going to take Brams96 idea. so I'm going to upgrade the the transistors to IRF3205. My question is what else would be recommended to upgrade with the new transistors? also what else would you guys recommend to upgrade

As stated before you can replace the fets with IRF3205 make sure all the gate resistors are within tolorance 47 ohm and replace the drivers of defective . But there is really anything else to replace that would Really make a difference . So spending money for parts that won’t make a difference in my opinion . Also check the outputs to make sure none are shorted or leaking

i agree with you the amp doctor suggested using NXP PSMN7R6-60PS but only find them in one place. that's ebay all the way from hong kong. but as you suggested i can have them in a week. and also comparing them they are literally almost alike. also since i did not check the drive transistors. im upgrading those to 2N6034

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.