ICE system to be used as a home system

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I posted this earlier (incorrectly) into the Introductions Forum. Wasn't sure how to 'move-it' so I have pasted this to here...

Recently, I purchased an inexpensive ICE system here in Bulgaria so that I could enjoy music outdoors in my newly created garden-terrace. :D

I wanted a small and discrete system where the speakers would be mounted into the roof cross-beams and a system that I could 'detach' and place securely indoors away from thieves. :cool:

My local-builder will create a 'fixed' mounting for the actual Panasonic unit so that it replicates the cage-deck removal approach found in cars. :cool:

However, it suddenly dawned on me that I have zero knowledge of getting this system to work using the house mains 240v. :scratch1:

Completely stumped about this so all simplified help will be much appreciated.

What I bought:
System: Panasonic CQ-C5303N - 50w x 4 WMA MP3 CD Player/Receiver

Speakerset 1: ES402 - Elite Sound Boost 4" 2-way speakers - Peak output Power - 80w [4 Ohm]

Speakerset 2: ESP-6535R Elite 5 1/4" 3-way speakers - Peak output Power - 150w [4 Ohm]

Thanks in advance for reading this...

You could purchase a 12vdc power supply that has 240V input and run it off of that.

You can also use a deep cycle battery and charge it with a trickle charger each night.

You could also purchase a step down transformer then run a 12vdc power supply that has 120v input.

Your not gonna need much to run a head unit and 4 speakers.

What about these?

110 250V to DC12V 100W LED Driver Power Supply Waterproof Aluminum Alloy | eBay

They say LED driver but.....they can be wired for 110v/250v, the output is 12v, can deliver 8.3 amps of current and 100 watts.

AND................ITS WATER PROOF!!!!

You could wire it in out doors right at your location and not worry about it. I don't think you would ever need to worry about exceeding 8.3 amps with just running a head unit.

Just a thought. I am sure there are better ones, but for the outdoors this looks like a good choice.

What about these?

110 250V to DC12V 100W LED Driver Power Supply Waterproof Aluminum Alloy | eBay

They say LED driver but.....they can be wired for 110v/250v, the output is 12v, can deliver 8.3 amps of current and 100 watts.

AND................ITS WATER PROOF!!!!

You could wire it in out doors right at your location and not worry about it. I don't think you would ever need to worry about exceeding 8.3 amps with just running a head unit.

Just a thought. I am sure there are better ones, but for the outdoors this looks like a good choice.

-----
Hi again Sean,

I have already gone ahead and purchased this recommended product by you.
Should be with me for mid next week!

Just a quick question to you as I know absolutely nothing about Power (Volts/Amps/AC-DC/Watts/blah blah...)

Question: I was wondering - my head-unit indicates 5amps, will this 'gadget' that I have now ordered, be OK?

Most large car audio amps idle at 2-5 amps. I cant see your head unit drawing that much.

It might draw 5 amps at full rated power.

I think you will be fine as that unit was a little over 8 amps.

You likely wont have the head unit cranked at full power very often.

Update:

The power supply finally arrived here in Bulgaria on Wednesday 15th May from the USA.

I have temporarily rigged this up to the head-unit and the 4-speakers to test that it all works ok.
Thankfully - all is good! In fact it's really good.

I had a local ICE installer in our local town of Popovo undertake the wiring activity for me - it only cost me a total of BGN 4 Leva ($2.60 USD).

Considering what I am trying to accomplish, I have now decided to install better quality speakers that will be permanently installed outdoors. Tomorrow afternoon - 20th May, a local carpenter will install the speakers into the 'roof terrace' for me. I have decided to buy the German-made Magnat speakers that are readily available here in Popovo, Bulgaria.

Costs:
High-grade 20m speaker cable - BGN 40.00 / $26.00
Panasonic Head-Unit - BGN 190.00 / $82.00
4 x cheap speakers - BGN 90.00 / $59.00
4 x Magnat speakers - BGN 300.00 / $197.00 - (tomorrow)
A/c Power Unit & Shipping - BGN 146.00 / $96.00
Electrician/wiring - BGN 4.00 / $2.60
Carpentry/Joinery speakers- BGN 60.00 / $39.00 - (tomorrow)
Carpentry/Joinery headunit - BGN 175.00 / $114.00 - (tomorrow)
Misc fittings/accessories - BGN 20.00 / $13.00
TOTAL SPEND: BGN 1,025.00 / $672.00 / GBP 443.00 / Euros 524.00

Can't wait to see & hear the finished result!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.