MTX 81001

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
If it blew those two capacitors and they were no installed backwards, the regulators weren't regulating the voltage. When the capacitors shorted (or leaked excessively from over-voltage), that could have caused the resistors to fail.

Don't plug the preamp board in until you know that the regulators are working reliably.

Post the DC voltage on all pins of the LM339 nearest the edge of the board.

Some reasons that repairs don't appear to get repaired...

* taken to email because documents are discussed/mentioned that would get too many requests and can't be freely distributed

* the owner repairs it but doesn't think it's important to post the results. They don't think or don't care that it could help someone else

reasons that they do not get completed...

*lack of information available. This could be due to no technical documents, lack of proper test equipment or lack of desire to perform the required tests

*insufficient knowledge on the part of the person helping with the repair. This is the case with some of the people I help.

*some repairs have problems that are so far from normal repairs that they can't be repaired via messages. I have quite a few repairs here that are like that. I always think to myself, I'm glad this one wasn't on the forum because it never would have been repaired.

As far as money goes... I hoped the tutorial would be a good seller but it never will be. You have to realize that when there is absolutely no competing product. Nowadays, if it's not in video format, there is very little interest.

PIN 1:5.18
Pin 2:0.00
Pin 3:13.80
Pin 4:4.76
Pin 5:3.52
Pin 6:0.42
Pin 7:3.46
Pin 8:4.20
Pin 9:5.06
Pin 10:5.05
Pin 11:8.37
Pin 12:0.00
Pin 13:4.78
Pin 144:4.78

LED 400 is lit now it had a bad solder connection on it when i reflowed the solder and powerd the amp up for the voltages its lit

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.