Rockford Fosgate Power 1000C - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Car Audio

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 26th February 2013, 01:36 AM   #11
diyAudio Member

I can only go back 3 years in my archived purchase history in ebay.

As a result I cannot find the auction number. I bought it longer than 3 years ago on ebay as broken.

I got it home and it worked fine but the LED bar didnt work. I hooked up the LED board and it worked but then the amp would cut out.

I threw it on the shelf and never messed with it again. I believe I only paid $350 for the amp.

I knew it was rare but not to the extent of only 100 ever made. It was an easy win, there was only 1 or 2 other bidders and I sniped it at the end....easy pick.
Pyramid 52 Amp Power Supply----Fluke 787 Processmeter----Tektronix 465 Scope----Velleman HPS40 Scope----Soldering Iron----Desoldering Iron----Hejet HJ 500-S Heatgun----DM4070 Digital LCR Meter----Propane Torch
Old 26th February 2013, 01:58 AM   #12
diyAudio Member

You may be able to find it in your email history.
Old 26th February 2013, 02:02 AM   #13
diyAudio Member

How do I do that?
Pyramid 52 Amp Power Supply----Fluke 787 Processmeter----Tektronix 465 Scope----Velleman HPS40 Scope----Soldering Iron----Desoldering Iron----Hejet HJ 500-S Heatgun----DM4070 Digital LCR Meter----Propane Torch
Old 26th February 2013, 02:20 AM   #14
diyAudio Member

If you had the same email address when you purchased the amp, you should be able to find the notice that ebay sent when they notified you that you won the auction.
Old 27th February 2013, 12:48 PM   #15
diyAudio Member

sean,

did you get that off ebay about a month ago. I briefly stumbled across an identical one for repair at a $500 buy it now. it was only on ebay for maybe 2 hrs. I tried to buy it but it was gone before i got logged into ebay from home.
Old 27th February 2013, 06:33 PM   #16
diyAudio Member

No this was years ago I bought it. Probably 4 years ago.
Old 28th February 2013, 11:22 PM   #17
BigDWiz is offline BigDWiz  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockfordFIx View Post
sean,

did you get that off ebay about a month ago. I briefly stumbled across an identical one for repair at a $500 buy it now. it was only on ebay for maybe 2 hrs. I tried to buy it but it was gone before i got logged into ebay from home.
I think I was the one who grabbed that one, couldn't believe I was able to snatch it before it sold!

Perry, thanks for all of the info on the Power 1000 models. I created the article on OldSchoolStereo after receiving information from Eric Russell at Rockford Fosgate (and another of his co-workers who assembled the old power series, also named Eric) and also an email direct from Wayne Harris. I'm pretty sure the 1000c's hit the market around 1991, b/c there is a "big amp" test in Oct. 1991 of Car Audio & Electronics w/ the 1000c. I just didn't have it confirmed if the 1000c came first or the 1000 Terminator. I "believe" the 1000 Terminator came after the 1000c as a tribute to Wayne and his creation. Also, from what I've been able to surmise, there is no difference from the 1000c and Terminator except the difference in silk screening. Wayne did mention there were only 100 or so official "Terminator Editions" and he had 10-12 of them himself.

There is a TON of misinformation out there, one reason that drives me to make these videos about the old school amps and gear. The good thing about the website is I can easily update any misinformation, but I try to be extra careful with the videos to ensure my statements are accurate (or updated with annotations).
Old 2nd March 2013, 10:52 AM   #18
diyAudio Member

post #1, I think the dude Sean contacted is making even more claims...

"RARE"
"Please look at my chip board "Rockford Branding " indicating made in the "USA" not after market like bighamlt1 power 1000 (Revc2 branding wtf???) not the real deal and not the same amp sorry,,, so please beware!!!!!!!!" rick rock-ford
Old 15th March 2013, 06:38 PM   #19
BigDWiz is offline BigDWiz  United States
diyAudio Member

Here are some of the early RF Power series chrome shrouds by Perfect Interface. Notice the "caboose" on the 1000? It adds a full 6" to the amp's length.

Unfortunately, there is no 1st gen Power 1000 inside that chrome shroud...yet Maybe one day...

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 15th March 2013, 07:22 PM   #20
diyAudio Member

Those are some nice pieces, I wish they were in my collection....LOL!

Hide this!Advertise here!