MTX 1000D Problem - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Car Audio

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 3rd March 2013, 02:15 AM   #21
diyAudio Member

So your saying double check the 8 solder pads where i removed the ic both sides due to being a double sided board to make sure other then the 2 outside pins that are jumpered with the with the 1k resistor to make sure none of the other pads are short circuiting each other if so ill double check and ill get you 2 pictures of both sides of the board that i have bypassed
Old 3rd March 2013, 08:07 AM   #22
diyAudio Member

Hey Perry i double checked the board for excess solder that may have been jumpered during ic removal and resistor installment and i could not find anything short circuiting also double checked with my DMM heres some pictures you asked for also 1 pic didnt come out completely perfect but where the resistor is located the pin next to it may appear to maybe be touching but it is not
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF0813.jpg (990.7 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0816.jpg (961.8 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0826.jpg (548.6 KB, 50 views)
Old 3rd March 2013, 01:14 PM   #23
diyAudio Member

This has been done precisely like this many times and there have been no problems. Did anything strange happen when you were doing this?
Old 3rd March 2013, 05:53 PM   #24
diyAudio Member

Other then two of the pins breaking off on the ic while removal but i removed them separately off the board before powering the amp up and while i had it hooked up the only thing i noticed was that air sound while being under power had a different sound then it normally did but still sounded like a air hose leaking while i would turn up the gain to a certain point about half way the sound would cut out then come back again other then that just that wavy feedback sound like a cb radio would have and no minimal sound like it had before i removed the ic is all i could think of
Old 3rd March 2013, 06:03 PM   #25
diyAudio Member

how about the 6 pin jumpers in my top of the board picture 3 pins are + and 3 pins are - do you know what those might be used for?
Old 4th March 2013, 12:40 AM   #26
diyAudio Member

I don't know what the jumper is for.

Is the noise about the same as before? or is it something that's new after removing the IC and installing the resistor?

What are you using for a test speaker?

Before you removed the IC, you stated that the woofer moved in and out as you turned the gain pot. Dies it still do that?
Old 4th March 2013, 12:48 AM   #27
diyAudio Member

the feed back is about the same and the speaker doesnt move in and out until about half way when the air sound pops for a second then kicks back in any chance you would know of a replacement ic since i broke the one while removing it to swap the resistor ?
Old 4th March 2013, 12:52 AM   #28
diyAudio Member

THAT 2180. Mouser should have it but don't order it until you solve the other problems.

Has the gain pot vs the woofer movement changed since you removed the IC?

Does the gain pot stop at the 7 and 5 o'clock positions?
Old 4th March 2013, 12:59 AM   #29
diyAudio Member

awesome and yes it does it doesnt fully spin the pot is in great shape its not a problem i have a memphis 1000D that has a broken pot but Memphis cant help me find one at all they said it was a 50kx2 i meant to ask you about also but yes it doesnt move until it reaches half way on the gain and it doesnt seem as bad even tho there is no more minimal sound i do remember when i was testing the amp to begin with i did touch the center of the ic you had me remove and it was the only thing that was at all warm in the amp
Old 4th March 2013, 01:05 AM   #30
diyAudio Member

If you have a question about the memphis, start a new thread and post a photo of the pot and the area around where it was located.

Are you using a battery for testing or did you go back to the small supply?

Is the rushing sound coming from the speaker or the amp?

Did you check the output pins of all of the op-amps to see if any had excessive DC on them?

Hide this!Advertise here!