Clarion DPX11500 #2 Repair

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Perry, thank you for your help this far.

To answer your question I tried your suggestion.

The distortion is fairly loud, as in louder than the actual music playing. (however in real world application I might not hear it installed) I cautiously powered the amp up tonight with a fuse instead of the limiter, (voltage was 12V at the amplifier power terminals) and the output is the same. Without music playing but source hooked up, I would have to describe the sound as "white noise"

I made a sample video of the output with source playing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQ1SH4J5SaI

It should be noted, that the DC output starts around 1.2VDC but slowly drops. for example, tonight it had dropped to about .75 before I disconnected the power supply.

Hi Perry,

I am curious now if maybe I should test with a different speaker. The distortion is louder than the music, but maybe the speaker is defective itself. I'm not a complete noob, I swear, just throwing ideas out there is all.

As for the white noise, I am using a full range speaker, if it were running to my subs, in the trunk I might not be able to hear it.

I tested both ways, the white noise is the same volume with or with out source connected.

I only read about 1.5mV between the RCA shield and the negative terminal.

I jumped the shield to the negative terminal block and the sound is the same as it is without the jumper.

To rule out the speaker, I changed it, and the same distorted sound persists.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.