Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Clarion DPX11500 #2 Repair
Clarion DPX11500 #2 Repair
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th March 2013, 05:31 PM   #71
MatthewS is offline MatthewS  United States
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to MatthewS Send a message via MSN to MatthewS Send a message via Yahoo to MatthewS
Remove q35 and test it out of circuit. If it's good, put it back. if in doubt, post measurements. Give me the base measurment at q33 if the prior test yields a good device. if not, replace it and retest the amplifier.
Old 12th March 2013, 01:17 AM   #72
Zeptoplix is offline Zeptoplix  Canada
diyAudio Member

Based on the test here http://www.bcae1.com/ampfail.htm Q35 tests ok.

Q33 is an MJE340 and on the base I get +37.4VDC.
Old 12th March 2013, 01:34 AM   #73
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to MatthewS Send a message via MSN to MatthewS Send a message via Yahoo to MatthewS
lift a leg of d28 and diode check the part. Is it leaking? if not, pull q33 out and check it out of circuit next. Hell, test them both.
Old 12th March 2013, 04:56 AM   #74
diyAudio Member

D28 is not leaking.

Q33, Q34 appear to test out ok as well when tested outside the circuit.
Old 12th March 2013, 06:33 AM   #75
diyAudio Member

Hmmm.. are you SURE all 2sc3263's are still OK? The output rail ties BACK into the drive via the feedfback system but your voltages are getting WEAKER as you go back towards that point.

I'm really not use to helping someone at this experience level, with these tools, over the internet. I'm sorry if i'm failing you on this, but if something doesn't give soon i'll have to suggest we move on. Verify your outputs are OK.
Old 12th March 2013, 11:45 AM   #76
diyAudio Member

Good Morning,

Thank you for your help. My apologies if this is frustrating. I understand my skill level and lack of better tools is not helping you to help me. However, I do thank you for the help this far.

I am not sure if all the outputs are good (3263s). However, if read back a few posts, even with all the outputs removed I still had +29VDC on speaker out; which is significantly higher than the original problem of +1.2VDC.
Old 12th March 2013, 04:06 PM   #77
diyAudio Member

Yeah, I just caught that. You see jp1 / jp2 jumper note in the schematic? It will disconnect the raw output from the feedback circuit. Pull that and leave everything else in. test the voltage on the output again.
Old 13th March 2013, 01:10 AM   #78
diyAudio Member

Ok,

After much fighting, i managed to get part of JP1/JP2 disconnected from the board.

I have retested the amplifier and now get +.5mVDC on speaker out.
Old 13th March 2013, 05:15 AM   #79
diyAudio Member

You had to fight to remove a jumper? nevermind.. I don't wanna know.

I feel like I failed ya some how on this. It's just not how I chase after things when I have them here. I'm spoiled with a signal injector, scope, all the toys. it's fairly cut and dry for 99% of the cases using those tools and a personally established troubleshooting routine.

Can I safely assume you've taken the initiative to test all the sub 100 ohm value resistors in the pre-drive, differential, and drive sections? There are things you can proactively check between posts. It'll save time if you can catch it in something simple. Resistors fail UP, not down. So if you're directly across one, it should read within 5% of it's value or LESS depending on what might be parallel with it in circuit, If in doubt you can lift a leg to check. There are 11 transistors in the block I'd like you to focus on, any resistor from 1 - 100 ohms. You're just gonna have to start beasting it out on this one, There is a bad part in there somewhere.
Old 13th March 2013, 06:09 AM   #80
Perry Babin is offline Perry Babin  United States
diyAudio Member

What's the DC voltage on the base of Q16 and either leg of R37?

What is the DC voltage on the emitter leg of any of the output transistors?

Last edited by Perry Babin; 13th March 2013 at 06:16 AM.

Clarion DPX11500 #2 RepairHide this!Advertise here!