Rockford Fosgate 800.4 - Distortion Ch RR

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi there!

I have trouble with the amp of my brother.
He told me that the right rear channel isn't working properly. (much distortion)

When I play a 100Hz Sine wave the RR Channel lookes like this:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

after a little search I found out that Q323 and Q310 are shorted, the source resistors R380 and R336 are open, the resistors R382 and R383 are open and the drivers Q321 Q322 are shorted.
After changing this parts, the sine wave won't look better :(
It looks like this on every of the 4 IRF540 (checked at the middle leg)
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Can you help me with this?

-> I found out that Q309 is getting hot.

Last edited:
My internet connection has been down most of the night.

The numbers are the same as the diagram that I had. Those are the only 3 transistors that I see that can cause the amp to clip the bottom half of the waveform if the amp produces clean audio up to clipping with a load when D302 is out of the circuit. Confirm that all of the resistors in that part of the circuit are within tolerance.

I found out that R338, a 10Ohm resistor, was also open.
But even after changing it, the problem is still the same :(
I have checked many other resistors (measured in circuit) and compared it with the resistors from the front channel.
I can't find any other resistor with wrong values.
The only strange thing is R340. it should be 91k Ohm and that is exactly what my multimeter told me.
But R140, R240 and R440 shows me only 44k Ohm. (all measured in circuit)
Can this help to find the defective parts?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.