Rockford Fosgate 800.4 - Distortion Ch RR

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hmm....all 4 channels have the same problem with the Highpass...
Here is how the signals looks like with the scope at 5V/div:
Pin7 U300-U303 with the gainpot at minimum
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Pin7 with the gainpot at higher volume (1/3 turn cw)
U300-U301
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

U302 (this seems to be the lowpass, right?)

U303 (a little deformed)

Pin1+7 with the gainpot at high volume (1/2 turn cw)
U300-U301 (is that normal????)

U303 Pin1

U303 Pin7

or are the bias pots still set incorrectly?
I started with them at full ccw. (the amp draws 1,25A)
Then I slowly increased them till the amp draws a little more current (~1,29A)
And then I set it a little back to about 1,27A.

channel 1 and 2 are looking as bad as 3 and 4 with the high pass crossover set.

but at full range, all channels looks clean...
no I havn't done anything to the crossover, but I don't know if the previous owner has done anything. (my brother bought it from ebay and has never used the crossover)

should I check all the resistors for the correct value or can it be anything other?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.