Lab Power Supply Question ???

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I can purchase this power supply, I'd like to know if this will meet my requirements ? Is this a unit that I'll not out live, I'm an Amateur but would like get the good gear first...will this lab P.Supply power any amp listed on this forum or will it have limitations ? I'm a noob so please help. Please look at pics I don't have any other info.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I'd definitely say your above option is better at that price point. I can have the following unit for $149.

3V to 15 Volt DC 40 Amp Regulated Switchmode Laboratory Power Supply

MP3090 RRP $339.00
This high powered switch mode power supply will deliver up to 40 amps. It has a variable output voltage from 3 to 15VDC, or it can be fixed at 13.8VDC. The unit is suited to a variety of uses, especially DC powered equipment operating in a test or design environment and is ideal for car stereo work. The unit has overload, over temperature and over voltage protection. Output voltage and current are displayed on large, easily read seven segment LED displays and incorporates an internal cooling fan.

Specifications:
- Variable output voltage: 3V DC to 15VDC
- Fixed voltage mode: 13.8V DC
- Max. output current 40 Amps (continuous)
- Ripple & noise: 10m Vrms
- Load regulation: 230mV @ 0 - 100% load.
- Measures 220(W) x 110(H) x 300(L)mm.
- Incredibly light, weighing only 3.5Kgs.
- Switchmode

Also, a true "lab grade" supply is not needed for this sort of work.
"Lab grade" to me means ultra low ripple and tight regulation.
Neither of which is in any way required for car audio work..

My main supply is fully variable from 0-20V 0-8A (dont ask for a brand, its my own diy job)
Only thing I cant do with it is full power output testing of amps.
Not something I've ever needed to do in the last 20 years.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.