Pioneer GM 120

gm120

chris,

they are not for sale. sorry.
had them for years. sentimental value.
sometimes you can still get them on ebay, but
very seldom and sometimes they are tampered already (not in good shape) I will let you know if somebody I know is selling.

cheers,
dce :)

GM-120 repairing

Hello everybody
I'm a "PIONEER enthusiast" and i have fixed a few of those amplifiers.
If you want help, you can describe the problem, and i will try to help you for repair.
First please check the voltage between the blue wire and the ground.
It's a very good device, and it's a great pity of throwing it away.
Sorry for my bad english
friendly wave from France.
Marc
:)

G'day all,

Found this thread when searching for some info. I have one of these old GM120 gems as well as the equalizer, casette deck, a pair of 6x9's. Had the tweeters, but they got ripped off the dash...this old unit sounded really good in my old chevelle back what seems like a hundred years ago, but I'd like to wire this unit up to my sons head unit. The only thing I'm short on is how to get that wiring harness apart and see what is what. I did find a bit of a schematic on another forum, but they wanted me to buy points or something to download it..........so stupid........anyway, if anyone has any more ifo on this I'd appreciate it.

Cheers,
max

Hi Marc !
Thanks for your help!
As signal source i tested many things, like home cd players or pre outs of my car radio , but i think the problem is that the amp doesn't switches himself on .
as remote I use +12V on the long orange wire . black as GND and red as +Vcc. For audio in there is a cable with two RCA / Chinch plugs.
Have you got a pinout for the Special connector?

Between the blue wire (from near the connector to the metal near the supply) and GND , there are 11-12 V

Greetigs from Germany
Matschi

GM-120

In standby mode the amplifier do not need current, because the amplifier can run, only when a another device (Pionner Component),is plugged (to the big connector), he works when a electric consumption is detected.

So if you want to plug the GM-120 to another device (not Pionner Component), it's necessary to make a modification on the card, in this way the amplifier will be switched-on as soon as the power is on.

I will prepare for you a schematic with the broaching of the big connector, and the modification to apply, (only a resistor to add).

Can you give me your direct email, because i can not send you all the informations on the forum.

Good night
Marc

:eek: