Orion xtr-2250 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Car Audio

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 24th January 2013, 03:15 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Orion xtr-2250

I need a schematic for this old school beast.

Unfortunately, someone molested it before I got it. The driver transistors are removed and gone, no idea what to put back in there and where.

Also there some resistors burned up around the driver transistor area. Not sure what they are.

Any ideas? thanks.
Old 24th January 2013, 09:47 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Post some pics of your board and we can tell what goes where.
Old 25th January 2013, 12:27 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Thats what I was worried about. No schematics eh.
Old 26th January 2013, 01:27 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

I have never seen an official schematic, however, you can search this forum and find tidbits of different circuits of the board...

There are a few versions of this amp and I personally am not sure that if they all used the same output drivers but, from what I have seen they have all used the mpsu07/mpsu57 or some variation.

My xtr-2250 had the cen-u57/cen-u07 and due the difficulty of finding replacements I used the MJE15030/MJE15031. PAY MIND TO THE PINOUT!!! I think some people have had success with Tip31c/Tip32c.

I think you will find everything you will need to know about this amplifier using the search button on this forum.
Old 26th January 2013, 02:29 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan_ciaramit View Post
I have never seen an official schematic.
Thanks, that answered my question, and the topic of this thread. Appreciate that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan_ciaramit View Post
I think you will find everything you will need to know about this amplifier using the search button on this forum.
Don't state the obvious, I am well aware on how a search button works. And this didnt answer my question, which was the point of my thread, And since you answered that question about schematics not being available, I dont have to look any further and saves me alot of time searching.
Old 26th January 2013, 03:00 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

Your welcome...I have some notes on this amp...some are Perry's some are mine. Let me know if you need any more info pics etc... I will also be glad to take any measurements you may need.

Like I mentioned earlier I have a 2250 that is essentially just a collectors item just bc I always wanted one when I was younger.

I would like to ask you just for my notes what transistors your version uses for the PS?
Old 26th January 2013, 04:27 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

I would have to check at the shop again, its at the shop. its going to need a full rebuild, I was removing the clamp strip and the devices were literally glued on. All tabs are blue from extreme heat.

Some of the transistor cases literally split apart when trying to remove the clamp.

So, all outputs gotta go, and all power supply FETs gotta go.

I think they were 70N06? I cant remember.
Old 29th January 2013, 01:36 AM   #8
diyAudio Member

If you remove the clamps as shown in the following graphic, you will rarely break them. If you try to pry them off individually, they will almost always break.
http://www.bcae1.com/temp/orionampclamps.swf

Hide this!Advertise here!