is it possible? (combining split frequencies/channels)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

Does anyone know if it's possible to combine two channels high and low -- after they've been split at the amp ... (bridge them -- I guess) -- into a full range signal? I have installed a full range speaker where there was a mid range + a tweeter and would like to combine these two channels into one to power the new full range speaker ... I'd like to do this without running a new signal wire ...

When I tried 'bridging' the channels -- I followed a diagram from somewhere -- near the speaker, not the amp -- , I got tons of distortion .... is there an [COLOR=blue !important][FONT=inherit !important][COLOR=blue !important][FONT=inherit !important]accessory[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] out there that could do this?

Thank you!

Thank you for your reply! I really appreciate any help. The issue is the car -- Mini Cooper -- everything is an ordeal when getting to any of the wiring -- it's the upgraded factory system which comes w/ it's own amp.

I have a pretty easy access to those speakers and have removed the mid and tweeter already ... and now have the polk db series which comes w/ it's own tweeter and a cross over. Basically I'm looking to see if this method would be possible because of the ease of access -- what you're suggesting involves taking the whole car apart and I'm not sure how to handle the amp anyhow ... real noob.

thanks again.

a

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.