diyAudio (
-   Car Audio (
-   -   Eclipse XA1200 (

Tom7227 19th January 2013 03:55 PM

Eclipse XA1200

Looking for some help troubleshooting this amp. Came in with blown power supply fets (Irf1010's) and shorted Output FET IRF3710. The amp comes on and has a nice square wave in the output section , but no audio.

I troubleshot this down to no audio coming into the class D driver module. I determined that the muting section of this amp is causing the issue. Does anybody have info on this amp? The muting circuit looks quite complex, and help would be appreciated.

Tom7227 20th January 2013 04:59 PM

Bueller .... Bueller.. anybody? :)

Tom7227 23rd January 2013 01:24 AM

Well, Persistence pays off, figured it out.

This amp came in with 6 burned IRF1010E's (SMPS ) , and a shorted Output FET irf3710 , that probably caused the whole thing to happen.

I replaced all the said components and I was able to regain the power supply and output section to oscillate. The last issue was I had no modulated audio. Luckily, the class D driver module had all the pins marked with there functions, +15 -15 audio in..ect.

I didnt have audio in, so I traced it back to the muting circuit. I found audio on a transistor, but no audio ouput on its emitter. I was able to trace it back thru a few semiconductors and switching diodes, to a shorted 47uf cap. Replaced the cap... and I have audio.

For those who read this post, it's C921, it part of the mute/protection circuit, not sure because I have no schematic.