Rockford Fosgate P1000 Amp Wont Power On? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Car Audio

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 13th January 2013, 09:26 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Rockford Fosgate P1000 Amp Wont Power On?

Hi Guys,

i have just transferred my stereo from my old car to my new one and im just having trouble getting my rockford p1000 amp to turn on. Things i have done so far is: Ran 2 gauge wiring from the battery to the amp (located in the boot) and grounded the amplifier with a fresh earth that i drilled myself. I have tested the connections with multimeters and know that my earth and power are all fine, now heres where i need your help.

The car i bought came with a remote wire and rca's already ran through the car from the previous owner but i CANT check the remote wires connection(i dont know if they are connected at all just ran through the carpet) to the headdeck since i didnt want to tear apart my new cars dash (for a chance of breaking plastics), i just connected them to the amp. My mate told me that rockford amps will not power on unless they have the remote wire connected? So can anyone please try and shed some light as this amp has been working perfectly.

Cheers
Old 13th January 2013, 09:43 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Turn on the deck and verify that you have 12v coming from the remote line. Red lead on remote wire, black on a ground. While you have it out you might wanna double check the supply power and ground connections too.

Last edited by Deadly Sones; 13th January 2013 at 10:02 PM.
Old 13th January 2013, 10:09 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

cheers for the tips! i didnt even think to check the remote hah it was such a big night last night feeding the power wire through carpet and wiring the sub up so hopefully your suggestion works.
Old 13th January 2013, 10:23 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

well its not too often I can help on this forum... lol, but that's a good place to start.

Hide this!Advertise here!