Alpine MRV-1505

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I looked up the datasheet for the LEDs and 1.7 isn't far from spec. I don't guess that I'd be concerned. The service manual is probably wrong. It certainly wouldn't be the first time.

If you ever replace an LED in a circuit where the forward voltage is critical, you need to used a replacement that has the same forward voltage as the original. It wasn't an issue here but it is when the forward voltage is used as a reference.

With no audio on pin 2 of IC106 do you think the IC could be defective?

There is supply voltage on pins 1 and 9 if I remember right but nothing on any of the other pins.

If the phase switch was defective could that cause the channels to take turns being dead when switched?

I took the phase switch apart and cleaned it, then assebled it back on the board.

The amp produces clean audio on both channels and works great.

Would anyone know where to get a 3 position 12 pin pcb mount switch for this amp?

I would like to replace it with a new one.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.