Hifonics Zeus zrx-3000.1d Help!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello Perry. I'm back. Here's an update. First, I fixed the problem with the amp only pulling .204 volts from the power supply. The solder pads on the driver transistors(2SA1275 & 2SC3228) were burnt pretty bad so I used a jumper wire to connect them. I discovered that I had the jumper wire in the wrong place. Once I corrected that problem, the amp powered up just fine and the relay did engage. Now, I replaced all the output transistors(IRF640N & IRF9640) and re-installed all the power FETS(IRFP064N) and the amp powers up just with no FETS overheating or failing like in the beginning. The problem I have now is when I connect a speaker to it, I only get a feedback\humming noise and that's with and without a signal through the audio input. I have positive & negative rail voltage(+/-24Volts) across the dual rectifiers and output transistors(IRF640N & IRF9640). Your assistance is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Ok Perry. I popped the clamps back on. I powered up the amp and I get still get the humming noise, so I decided to run a signal through it with my iphone on HBO and you hear the audio but it isn't clean. When I turn the volume up, you can hear the audio increase but it isn't clean at all. It almost sounds as if someone is underwater.

Hello Perry. I measured the DC voltage on the RCA shields. With the amp on it reads .003V & with the amp off it reads 0V. No, the hum\distortion doesn't change when I measure the shield voltage. I'm going to try and record a video and post a link so you can see & hear exactly what it sounds like.

Ok. I have question. Remember earlier in the thread when I stated that my power supply voltage was dragged down to .203V. I just noticed that now, its dragged down to 9V & that's with remote voltage applied. Without remote voltage applied, it pulls 12V volts. Could this be the reason for the hum/distortion cause the amp isn't operating on 9V instead of 12V? I'm using a Hewlard Packard dual 24V, 4A DC power supply with displays DC and Amps.

No sir. I'm going to Fry's to purchase one tomorrow. Another thing i just noticed. I have 2 screws that secures the amp to the housing and just out of curiosity, I unscrewed both of them and now the amp is pulling 12V from the DC power supply. How strange. Were so close to getting this amp fixed. The distortion is the only problem that's left.

Hello Perry. I'm back. The power supply I purchased from Amazon.com is the
Pyramid PS-21KX 20 Amp, 13.8VDC fully regulated power supply. Here is the link.
Amazon.com: Pyramid PS21KX 20 Amp Power Supply: Car Electronics

Update on amplifier. I measured the voltage on all 3 legs of 2 voltage regulators(L7812,L7912) near the audio driver board and each measured around (+\-)64V, which is close to the rail voltage of 69V. I removed both regulators from the circuit and tested them with my power supply & they test good with an output of (+\-)12V. I have 0V across the 2 transformers in front of the audio driver board and 0V across the green capacitor(250V 10UF) near the transformers. Thanks.

Hello Perry. The circuit board designation for the regulators are L7812 & L7912. When I tested the regulators out of circuit, I tested both at (+/-)18V. On L7812(positive regulator) I connected the positive lead from the power supply to the input(outer left leg) and the negative lead to ground(middle leg) and measured the voltage of the output(outer right leg). The result was +12.1V. On L7912(negative regulator), the outer left leg is ground & the middle leg is the input. I reversed the leads on the power supply to run a negative voltage through the regulator and the result was -12V. So, even though they tested good, I decided to replace them with new ones and I'm still getting the rail voltage (-/+)64V across both of these. The data sheets show the max voltage input for both regulators are (-+)27V. Thanks.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.