Hifonics 2006D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This message is for Perry or anyone with a good link to the spring clips used in this amp to retain the fets and rectifiers.

I received 2 of these amps for repair and one is missing all the clips.

I need the clips that hold 3 to-220 package fets at a time, and the ones that hold 2 of the to-3p or to-247 rectifiers at a time.

I only had enough IRF3205's left to repair one supply so I ordered more for the one missing the clips. I would like to get the clips ordered by Wednesday, any help is appreciated.

Someone stated that audioQ would sell the clips but as far as I know, no one other than the poster that stated that has tried. I've been using the clips that I purchased from Future.

Bear in mind that not all of these clips are the same. There are slight variations that make some clips work in some amps and not in others. If you buy them, don't buy too many (100+) until you know if they will work.

Replaced the p/s fets with IRF3205, new 47 ohm gate resistors, new drivers, and replaced Q226, replaced Q2 on the pwm board.

I tried powering the amp through a current limiter, the green light comes on but the amp is letting out a pulsing squeeling noise over and over, like its trying to start up but cant. The green light is getting brighter and dimmer with the pulsing.

The amp is not drawing excess current but I am using a limiter. All the shorted outputs have been removed.

I checked for DC on the output terminal while attempting to power up and I have about 1.356 vdc as the amp is pulsing. This is a very loud squeeling screeching from the power supply region.

Any ideas?

The gate signals looked funny, and I also had a perfect square wave on all the drains. I was thinking a shorted transformer. I pulled it back out of the sink to power to see if anything was getting hot and sure enough 1 p/s fets was smokin hot.

It was either leaky or shorted from gate to drain, wierd it was a new part.

I replaced the p/s fet and re-powered with no issues. No squeeling, nothing getting hot and idle is stable and the gate signals look good.

I have had this happen a few time, I guess your bound to get a bad part once in awhile. Its not like they were solderd to a MESHA board and got to hot.

I have ordered more IRF3205's and this is the last of my batch and there are several different date codes. I wonder if the different batches are causing a problem?

I always thought it didnt matter in the power supply, just in the outputs where they were used in parallel?? Am I wrong?

Using parts with different date codes can cause problems like this. If you're having this problem with parts from the same batch and have it more than a few times a year, you may want to buy from a different distributor.

All of the FETs in each bank of FETs in the power supply are in parallel.

If you're in a location where static electricity is a problem, that could be causing the FETs to fail when installing them.

Are these what you need?, check your PM

Attachments

• IMAG0729.jpg
    IMAG0729.jpg
    316.8 KB · Views: 55
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.