KX1200.1 in repair

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
one is 7812 and the other is a 7912

Attachments

• IMG_0407.jpg
    IMG_0407.jpg
    224.1 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_0408.jpg
    IMG_0408.jpg
    212.4 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
i figured it out. for some reason i missed a step in the repair process.. i forgot the output fets. pulled them all out and tested. all of them were bad. didnt have any visual signs of being bad so i never thought twice to check them during the repair. 6 irf640's later and some sound was produced. so this thing had 8 blown power fets plus gate drivers and 6 output fets shot.

i really apreciate ALL of your help Perry. everything you showed me to test was skewed because of my lack of experience. you helped me more than i thought you would( no offence or anything, just didnt think this thing could be fixed half way through.)my lack of knowledge has made me look like a fool. i wont forget to double check everything again.

you will be hearing from me more often on these forums. thankyou again.

well i dont know exactualy which ones were bad but the first two i checked were bad and the third was good, so i just replaced all of them.

how would i go about checking the negative regulator? and should i still have the jumper wire on U14, cause i dont. but i have no dc on speaker terminals.

it was verry hard to give you any definite answer on any reading with the amp switching from power to protect so fast. now it idles and does not draw much current. during power up and sound testing with 4 ohm load i only had a 7.5A inline fuse installed that never popped.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.