KX1200.1 in repair

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Please don't use a hyphen as a separator. In can be taken to mean negative. This is covered on the basic repair page (which you should read now if you haven't done so already).

With the black probe on pin 10 and the red probe on pin 14, what DC voltage to you read?
\
i have read the repair guide a few times. this isnt my first repair and i just about read your repair guide everytime i fix an amp.

i will remamber not to use them again. srry. newb mistake.

and i will have to check them tomorrow morning when i get to the shop. does it start to seem as if the lm361 is bad?

someone before me. worked on this amp and there is a resistor marked 433 jumping from the base of Q144 to resistor R230.. any idea why they did this?

Attachments

• IMG_0400w.JPG
    IMG_0400w.JPG
    129.7 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
That resistor has been on amps that I've seen so it's likely a factory mod.

Is it still producing about 20v on the output filter inductor?

yes.. i also removed the fast recovery diodes and now i can actualy read the rail voltage on both sides. but i get no power at the other end of the board because of that. it seems as if everything on the power supply side is good.

with those out it does not cycle in and out of protect.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.