Orion 2350GX

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello received this amp. I really didnt want it but it was part of a trade.

What I have found so far.

Amp powers up and is stable with no DC on output wires.

Both gain pots spin infinantly and dont stop and each have a broken leg.

RCA jacks are rusted solid.

All the ground screws for the board are missing.

It does produce audio, but not strong. Probably due to the rusted RCA jacks and the broken gain pots.

Its going to need new plugs male and female.

Its going to need new power and ground wires.

Looks like the caps as Perry mentioned should be replaced.

Seems like alot of work.

Is the old girl worth fixing?

Attachments

• Orion 2350GX 001.jpg
    Orion 2350GX 001.jpg
    990 KB · Views: 86
Kinda bummed after reading the owners manual on this amp. This is the only amp orion makes from 86-91 that is "NOT" bridgeable.

It says in the manual it is 350x2 at 4 ohms and to "NOT" run this amp below 4 ohms.

It also says this amp will "NOT" accept the 400BDG bridging module.

I wanted to lower this baby down and see what it could do but thats not going to happen, probably repair the broken peices and sell it off.

The 280GX is only 80x2.

So this is 2 280GX'S bridged which would be about 320X2?

The manual says 350X2 @ 4 ohms for the 2350GX. The 280GX must be slightly underated?

Dont know much about Orion amps, only that my buddy had an Orion 250HCCA running a set of Pioneer 12's back in the day. It sounded strong and good but the amp spent alot of time at the repair shop.

It fried 3 times on him, it ran super hot always. He didnt install it, the dealer did. I dont know how they had it hooked up. I even remember the old bass coils or "chokes" they had in the box.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.