Orion 2350GX - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Car Audio

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 14th January 2013, 09:44 AM   #11
diyAudio Member

The voltage isn't the issue. The output impedance of the head unit could be but probably isn't an issue.

You could use the correct value and use a screwdriver to adjust the gain. In my opinion, that would be the best option if you can't find the original pots.

What wrong with the originals? If the back has popped out, it can be popped back it. If they're noisy, they can generally be cleaned.
Old 14th January 2013, 09:51 AM   #12
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry Babin View Post
The voltage isn't the issue. The output impedance of the head unit could be but probably isn't an issue.

You could use the correct value and use a screwdriver to adjust the gain. In my opinion, that would be the best option if you can't find the original pots.

What wrong with the originals? If the back has popped out, it can be popped back it. If they're noisy, they can generally be cleaned.

The preamp output impedance of the head unit is 50 ohms.

The legs are broke off one pot and one has popped apart.
Pyramid 52 Amp Power Supply----Fluke 787 Processmeter----Tektronix 465 Scope----Velleman HPS40 Scope----Soldering Iron----Desoldering Iron----Hejet HJ 500-S Heatgun----DM4070 Digital LCR Meter----Propane Torch
Old 14th January 2013, 10:10 AM   #13
diyAudio Member

In my opinion, it's better to have an amp look a bit different and remain original, electronically. It's your amp so you'll have to make the decision.

With a 50 ohm output impedance (assuming that the impedance is flat across the audio spectrum), the 10k pots won't make a difference.
Old 14th January 2013, 10:12 AM   #14
diyAudio Member

They are actually 5k pots, I guess I will try them and see.
Pyramid 52 Amp Power Supply----Fluke 787 Processmeter----Tektronix 465 Scope----Velleman HPS40 Scope----Soldering Iron----Desoldering Iron----Hejet HJ 500-S Heatgun----DM4070 Digital LCR Meter----Propane Torch
Old 14th January 2013, 10:15 AM   #15
diyAudio Member

I was referring to the replacement from mouser that I posted. 5k would work for testing.

Hide this!Advertise here!