DAP 600....Some Help, maybe Perry Babin?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys

This is my first post!

I was looking for a car audio forum and was recommended that this one is by far the best.

I have also read that there is a meber called Perry who is reall meant to know his stuff about the DAP 600 amp. Just hoping either Perry or someone else maybe able to help?

I won a DAP 600 amp off Ebay the other week that turned up this morning. So I hooked it up and tried it out.......No matter what filter mode I put it on it is just giving out Low Pass. I was planning to run my JBL 5x7's off this amp but this is now a no.

Also with my amp......When trying the settings as in gains etc it makes a sharp noise through the speaker when playing around with any of the gains.....I think it maybe dust so she has been brought in to my house and I have taken the back off......It is like new in there, no dust or anything unwanted to be seen. Screws were very easy to loosen to remove the back which makes me think it has been opened before in its 17 years of life! There is a switch which is called 'Philips 0630v' What is this for?

Going to ask a pal tomorrow if I can put his Vibe boxed 12" sub in my car and see how it sounds!!

Any ideas on why it is only running LP and the sharp/rasp noise would be great.

Thanks Perry

Unfortunately my camera is with my daughter so I have pulled some images from the net. The Philips DAP 600 was made in the mid 90's. It is a 4 channel amp and was very sought after in its day due to the reviews it was getting about its RMS power and its better than Alpine and Denon sound quality so when I saw it on Ebay I bid on it and won it!

Hope these pictures come out ok.......

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I will see if I can get my camera back tomorrow and take some close ups Perry. I did take the back off it last night and gave it a clean and used some electrical cleaner on the switches.....No nasty noises now so that is all good!

So the only trouble I am left with is this.......It will only give out LP. I have LP, full range and HP on my amp.....I am needing full range as want to drive my 5x7 JBL's off this amp yet it is only give LP, on full range it does make a tiny bit of difference but I would still say it is under 150Hz and high pass the same.....Low Pass is set to 67Hz on these amps......Wonder what it could be that is causing it to only give out low pass and not full range?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.