Car amp repair and home amp conversion. - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Car Audio

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 19th December 2012, 04:15 PM   #11
diyAudio Member

If you know FOR A FACT that the eBay seller is legit, you can buy from them. If you do not, buy from a reputable distributor like Digi-Key or Mouser.

The drivers and gate resistors may have failed. You need to remove the FETs and check the gate resistors to see if they have all opened.

Do not install any FETs until you know that the drive circuit has been repaired and is working perfectly.
Old 19th December 2012, 04:39 PM   #12
diyAudio Member

Ok thanks, all the resistors come up as 47 ohms. How would i check the drivers? Digikey has IRFZ44NPBF-ND and IRFZ44NPBF, which do i need? Thanks. Also regarding the one of these amps i plan to run on mains (its too beat up to fix properly IMO) would you help me trouble shoot the L Ch output section? Thanks
Old 19th December 2012, 05:43 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

Actually instead of repairing the L ch i will just remove it, what jumpers or transistors do i need to remove to cut the power to it? thanks
Old 19th December 2012, 06:01 PM   #14
diyAudio Member

You need to remove and test Q903 and 904. They are almost certainly defective. You should also remove and check Q909 and Q910. Click the basic transistor testing link in the sig line below, use the applet for testing BJTs and post screen caps of the readings you get.

If the output transistors are shorted, remove them. If they are not, you can leave them in the circuit.
Old 19th December 2012, 06:48 PM   #15
diyAudio Member

ok thanks. I will have to do this sometime next week most likely as i will be away till then.
Old 30th December 2012, 07:44 PM   #16
diyAudio Member

Just to update i replaced all the mofsets and it all worked fine. Apparently nothing else besides the mofsets had fried. Thanks for the help.

Hide this!Advertise here!