10" Sub recommendation. Dayton RSS265HF-4 ? How about amp?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It's very hard finding subwoofer recommendations online that are by people who care for audio. I'm sorry this question is vague.

How would a Dayton RSS265HF-4 or a RSS265HO-4 do in a car? Are the more known manufacturers better for car subs? Such as Pioneer or JL audio?

Also a good bang for the buck amp for 600w RMS @ 4 Ohm? I would post a budget but that would mean I would know something about amps. Now I know you don't pair a $130 sub with a $800 amp. So I'm just looking for something reasonable.

We're planning for a sealed enclosure.

Thanks for the help,
Alfa

Last edited:
i am considering JL 12w3v3 over alpine swr 12d2 as i am using only 300rms amp.
with 600rms you should check the alpine swr 12d2

I know this reviews may not be accurate but
Car Subwoofer Review 2013 | Best Auto Subwoofer | Car Audio Subs - TopTenREVIEWS

I have heard people recommend Dayton HO series. But i think if you try simulation you may see that some daytons require bigger enclosure and may sound better in ported than sealed as their sensitivity fell after 100hz in simulation model i tried. They have a really big bandwidth. Which is no use if you put it in trunk. May be they dont seem to be really meant for cars.

would love to see what other people recommend you.

I run a set of the Dayton HO 12's on my home theater system. Both are in a sealed enclosure and both are getting 400 watts a piece. Now the biggest issue I have with them, they need a ton of power!!! The 400 watts I am feeding them is just not enough, they need a good 800 watts or more to get the most out of these speakers. The same amp was powering my Punch XLC 18's in separate 8 CF boxes tuned to 25 Hz. And the 18's loved 400 watts a piece. But the Dayton's are a whole different world.

As for in the car, I never tried the Dayton's in the car, but if you have enough power to back them up, I think it would be interesting to listen to them.

i am considering JL 12w3v3 over alpine swr 12d2 as i am using only 300rms amp.
with 600rms you should check the alpine swr 12d2

I know this reviews may not be accurate but
Car Subwoofer Review 2013 | Best Auto Subwoofer | Car Audio Subs - TopTenREVIEWS top rated 8 Inch Subwoofers list.

I have heard people recommend Dayton HO series. But i think if you try simulation you may see that some daytons require bigger enclosure and may sound better in ported than sealed as their sensitivity fell after 100hz in simulation model i tried. They have a really big bandwidth. Which is no use if you put it in trunk. May be they dont seem to be really meant for cars.

would love to see what other people recommend you.

Thanks for the suggesting Top Ten Reviews best list. But most of the product are high price. Would you please suggest me a best one under $50?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.